“Making Up 100 Reasons Just to Meet You Coincidentally.”
This episode is just lovely. The dialogues get a little lengthy as we’re past the introduction part and it’s time to get to know more about the characters. My takes about certain scenes and characters:
- Awww Enrique. You and your childish reaction! He looks like a boy who has made a big mistake and waiting for his punishment while Dok-mi is still stunned from the shock. It’s sadder for her as the kiss reminds her of the little secrets she shared with Do-hwi. My heart falls to know that she used to be close to Do-hwi, and the fact that it’s hard to keep the promise “to stay together with the person she had her first kiss with”.
- Jin-rak and Dong-hoon. LOL. These two would burn down the house if they’re husband and wife. The drunk Jin-rak is totally a different person from the macho persona he carries around. And those random English phrases he blurts out when he’s drunk! Oh My Gosh! His endless bantering, defending Dok-mi from Dong-hoon’s critics and his first encounter with Dok-mi are so cute. This man is not so adorable when he’s drunk (he’s super cranky hehehe) but gahhhhhh, let me hug you! You know what I’m sayin’?
- The sparks are there between Enrique and Dok-mi but I think they would be perfect as best friends for the time being. He has his matured side and he probably understands the loneliness that she feels. I don’t know why, but I get this vibe of “We’re similar!” from him towards Dok-mi. The baby elephant tale sounds a lot like his own story: a lonely kid who had to grow up in a foreign environment.
- Bipolar Jin-rak in a box. Who wants a late Christmas present?! Ignore the mess he made before 😛
- The milk note guy is indeed the parrot hair Jin-rak! He’s been doing it secretly for three years and got caught because of the soju (and later blaming it on Dong-hoon). Haha! He’s so unlucky these days! I’m still wondering whether Dok-mi got to read the note stuck on his butt? Oh My God! But then, the illustrations he made at the bottom of each note are connected to each other, constructing a story about a guy who’s secretly looking at a girl and finally gathers his courage to confess his feelings to her. Awwww. This Second Lead Syndrome (SLS) isn’t getting any better with this revelation!
- The courage is what Jin-rak needs, because he can’t even bring himself to knock on Dok-mi’s door although he’s curious about her well-being. Enrique is more straightforward in his actions, something that Jin-rak considers quite rude for a guy to keep pestering a girl. Anyhow, Enrique will never give up and he’ll be back soon, no matter how long it will take for Dok-mi to open her door.
- At least, his courage is still there for Jin-rak to confront Enrique, but he immediately turns all soft in front of him. Haha! The reaction from Enrique is far from what he expects: Jin-rak becomes a hyung to him and even go to the internet cafe to play games. This is definitely a start to a love-hate friendship between guys, or known as bromance. Yeah! I was wondering why the Real Madrid logo on Jin-rak’s shirt is so obvious and it turns out that Enrique is Barcelona’s supporter. So they’re basically rivals in everything. But then, even rivals can hug and run together across the neighborhood after staying overnight at the cafe. Bromance at its best!
- Still, even the power of love and jealousy possessed by Jin-rak cannot defeat the power of a true gamer like Enrique. Pwahahaha!
- Dok-mi is someone who finds solace and joy when she’s alone because she’s almost invisible to other people. Ah, I feel her. Maybe that’s what makes me love her, because there are some similarities between me myself and her.
- One thing I’m sure is Dok-mi will feel something amiss if Enrique leaves. No one treats her like him and she’s getting used to be called ahjumma by him. Hihihi
- Jin-rak finally gets to have a proper talk with Dok-mi and even rides the elevator with her! Even Dok-mi can’t help but smile when he grins happily. But the peace is interrupted by Do-hwi, who’s surely going to invade Dok-mi’s little bubble of comfort, bombarding her with questions about her relationship with Jin-rak. Well girl, Jin-rak only regards you as his source of information about Dok-mi. Not more than that!
The final conclusion from this episode: Enrique and Jin-rak are both crazy. Crazy but adorable. The end! ^^